Summary Statement: Brief description of fall hazards and how to prevent them.
Fall Protection Tips
- Identify all potential tripping and fall hazards before work starts.
- Look for fall hazards such as unprotected floor openings/edges, shafts, skylights, stairwells, and roof openings/edges.
- Inspect fall protection equipment for defects before use.
- Select, wear, and use fall protection equipment appropriate for the task.
- Secure and stabilize all ladders before climbing them.
- Never stand on the top rung/step of a ladder.
- Use handrails when you go up or down stairs.
- Practice good housekeeping. Keep cords, welding leads and air hoses out of walkways or adjacent work areas.
More like this
Government Requirements and Guidance