Do Not Enter an Unprotected Trench (Poster)
Organization(s): Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Other languages: Spanish
Summary Statement: A poster that has safety tips for working safely in trenches. Part of a collection. Click on the 'collection' button to access the other items.
For your safety:
- Slope or bench trench walls, or
- Shore trench walls with supports, or
- Shield trench walls with trench boxes.
- Provide safe access through the use of ladders, ramps or stairways.
- Keep heavy equipment away from trench edges.
- Know where underground utilities are prior to digging.
- Keep excavated or other materials at least 2 feet back from the edge of trench.
OSHA's role is to assure the safety and health of workers by setting and enforcing standards; providing training, outreach and education; establishing partnerships; and encouraging continual improvement in workplace safety and health.